Many people spend so much time preparing food and gathering family and friends they completely over look the table and theme. The worst thing you can do with constructing a table setting is overthink it, relax it’s just a table with “stuff” on it. First think about what you want your family to think about while sitting at your table, then what kind of feel and look do you want to achieve. Don’t worry about your budget, many of the things I’ll name you’ll already have or it’ll just be a one-time purchase. Be sure you keep everything clean and carefully stored because you might have to go back into the archives during another family gathering. Here’s a list of 10 cheap, creative, and awesome Thanksgiving table settings.
1.Color- This table setting will be focused around “Autumn colors”. Autumn has a lot of beautiful and warm colors, try something like this, a burgundy table cloth to set a perfect balance to what is to be placed on top, inside of a pitcher, teapot, and sugar bowl, place faux berries and leaves, inside two silver candle holders place two long white candles. This is very simple but the Autumn colors will make it appear so festive and beautiful.
2. Fruit- Never underestimate the power of fresh fruit. Go out and buy some apples, oranges, pears, berries, lemons, and mini pumpkins. For this you’ll need a big clear pitcher, glass bowl, or even a big clear cookie jar and place your Autumn fruit inside. You can either do it randomly or one fruit group at a time. Then place your mini pumpkins around the big fruit bowls.
3. Flowers- Depending on your personal style you may use fresh or fake flowers for this table setting. To place inside for 3 big and clear flower vases here are 3 flower suggestions for your centerpiece roses, lady’s slipper orchids, and ranunculus. Firstly fill the vases with cranberries, now start with the thick-stemmed flowers and arrange them as you please.
4. Turkey- You can use antique or newly bought turkey themed flatware and other table items. Just don’t “over” turkey. This one is so simple, but you don’t want a tacky turkey table so choose your patterns and textures accordingly. I encourage you to mix and match the look of the table but if makes you nausea just think of what it’ll do to your guests.
5. Nature- Depending on how big your table is fill 3 or 4 tall and clear containers they can be glass or plastic with things of nature such as; leaves, rocks, tiny sticks, mini apples, acorns, and pine cones don’t be picky the purpose is to bring outside inside.
6. Corn- This one is to enhance an already constructed table setting. Take at least 9 ears of dried corn gather them together an tie a large rubber band around them. Then take some twine and wrap it around the corn several times. Your dried corn should be able to stand up on it’s own. Remember to trim and tuck the end of the twine.
7. Buffet- This will be new to a few people but it’s worth a try. At one end of the table place plates, utensils, glasses, and cloth napkins be sure everything is neatly in place. As for the rest of the table on top of the table cloth place 4-6 thick and tall candles surrounding the food. This is a really pretty setting.
8. Pears- Take three huge bowls and fill them with pears and cranberries. Now on top of the plates place a festive cloth napkin and cut out little stripes of plain paper and write your guest name on it. Now take a silver thumb tack and attach it to the pear. Now you have a pear place card, it’s so cute!
9. Dessert- Take all your after dinner desserts gather them creatively and beautifully together in the center of the tables. This one if completely free.
10. Ribbons- Here’s how to create a custom napkin holder. Create a personal message and creatively place it on a stock card. With a hole puncher punch holes on both side now thread with a beautiful ribbon. Now you’ve made something special for your guest.
Here’s more link about Thanksgiving