Halloween is the one time of the year that a lot of candy is sold to consumers. Why do we like to buy so much candy for Halloween? Has giving candy turned into a tradition during Halloween?
Giving candy has become a big part of Halloween. Candy is the one thing that most households give out to trick-or-treater’s each year. Trick-or-treaters look forward to receiving candy in there bags.
It has become a tradition to give candy out on Halloween. This has not always been the tradition though. One tradition was to give apples or other fruits and also nuts and unwrapped candy. But this tradition didn’t last to long when it became unsafe to give unwrapped food items including candy to children. That is when wrapped candy and gum became popular to give out.
There are some people that don’t believe in giving out candy because it’s unhealthy if consumed in large quantities. These people will give out non- candy items or healthy snacks only.
Through all of these changes Halloween and candy still go hand in hand. Here are the 5 most popular Halloween candy to consider.
1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – these are round candy that have peanut butter in the center and chocolate on the outside. Usually a regular size will have 2 peanut butter cups, but the snack or mini size only has one. This candy is very good and has been popular for years.
2. Life Savers – these are hard candies that have been around a long time. The candy comes in fruit flavors, peppermint and spearmint. The full size life saver rolls will have 10 candies in them. The snack or mini size will have 4 in them. The fruit flavors you will get are cherry, lemon, lime, orange and grape. All of the life savers have a very good taste to them.
3. Baby Ruth – this candy bar has been around for a long time. It is made with milk chocolate, peanuts and a nougat filling which gives it a wonderful texture. This candy is an old time favorite.
4. Tootsie Roll – this candy is very popular. It is a very good snack candy. Adults as well as children enjoy eating Tootsie Rolls. This is a chewy chocolate candy. The chocolate of the Tootsie Roll has a unique taste.
5. Milky Way – this candy bar is an all time favorite. The candy bar comes in milk or dark chocolate. Milky way has a caramel and nougat filling which gives it good texture. This is a very good candy bar.
These are just some of the Halloween candy that’s available. There are many more to choose from. The candy aisle at the grocery store is full of all kinds of candy to choose from.
All of the Halloween candy will come in snack size bags and will cost between $1.99 and $4.99 depending on the size of the bag and if their on sale.
Giving candy out at Halloween is a tradition which you can continue to do or you may wish to do something different. The decision is up to you.