Note: This was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Join the Yahoo! Contributor Network to start publishing your own articles.
We have all been there; and with where we are referring to college. We all have a friend that we can relate to one of the characters of the show with, and as the new fall lineup approaches there are several new reasons to tune in and watch “The big bang theory” on Monday nights. If you are new to the show, or are a fan and still need to find a logical reason to watch, here are five top reasons we will be tuning in:
1. For all geeks out there, big and small there is a piece of you in this show. Even if you are not a self proclaimed geek, ever been stuffed in a locker as a child, or know quantum physics forwards and backwards, there is something, some part of you in this show. It is a geek squad for all geek squads. With each character carrying their own little piece of life and drama in the show, there is going to be something to relate to for everyone in this hit geek comedy.
2. Science made fun. What more needs to be said? When it comes to watching “The Geek Squad” you are going to be getting a science lesson without really knowing it. There are so many different funny science experiments in this hit that you are watching your entire favorite characters goof off and show off with all of their geeky science knowledge while at the same time break through new science experiments. Who doesn’t enjoy science and comedy?
3. If science is not your main interest, than have no fear, comic book references are here! This show, and only on “the Big Bang Theory” you will get to hear more comic book references than if you were at a Marvel conference hall. This is the show for the ultimate self proclaimed geek. Even if you are not scientifically educated, there are still jokes, created for our level of…educated geeks. There is hope. Tune in and watch an episode and see how hard milk flies out of your geeky nose when they talk about your favorite super heroes.
4. It is not rocket science, we all know what it takes to laugh, and better yet what it takes for each of us as individuals to laugh, and although these actors and actresses are not scientists, they play science geeks that do know how to make the audience laugh. And the good thing is you do not have to be a geek in order to get the jokes or enjoy the show. Finding a good show during the week, something to help you unwind and laugh a little is hard to find these days, but here with “the Big Bang Theory” there are no hidden smoke or mirrors, and you don’t have to be a geek to get it. Just sit down and watch!
5. Find your Sheldon. If you are a previous fan of the show you already know what it is we are talking about. Everyone has a Sheldon in their life, and on “The Big Bang Theory” Sheldon is that one person you know from work or your personal life that is the ultimate geek, jerk, and nerd whatever fits, and this show has narrowed all of those into one person. Watch just one episode and you will find yourself relating your annoying friend or co-worker to Sheldon. Don’t worry we all know one or have one in our lives. There is hope out there, a good comic relief to walk away from the annoying gestures, comments and flat out stupidity.