Eastern cultures have used papaya to fight cancer for a long time and papaya was considered the “fruit of the angles” by Christopher Columbus. Western medicine has been studying the effects of a nutritional diet as being the key to healthier immune systems. Whole foods such as fruits and vegetables have been shown to have cancer fighting properties. A recent study done by U.S. and Japanese researchers has found that tea made with dried papaya leaves may help in the fight against cancer.
The study included 10 types of cancer and four strengths of papaya leave extract. The research and study proved to slow the growth of tumors and cancer cells. The research is still trying to crack the code in order to come up with treatments and therapies, but these results have good results for the future. Scientist believe that the papaya promotes digestive health and intestinal cleansing. This is a great way to cleans yourself with natural foods, instead of buying supplements or cleansing packages. The papaya has several more health benefits, such as, fights inflammation (the cause of cancer) and supports a healthy immune system.
New research shows that papaya can stop the growth of breast cancer cells, halt metastasis, and normalize a cell cycle. Papaya is a powerful weapon to fighting off hormone related cancers, protecting your lungs and joints and gives you a boost of energy. Papaya has an abundance of lycopene, which makes it highly reactive towards free radicals. It is also packed full of cancer fighting carotenoids and beta carotene. Papaya is such a powerhouse of health we should eat, drink and bathe in it.
Here are some Papaya Pleasure:
1. Enjoy it fresh. Scoop it out and eat it alone, or add it to fruit salads. Make papaya balls and eat with mango, strawberries and banana.
2. Serve as Salsa. Mix diced papaya, cilantro, jalapeno, peppers and ginger to make a delicious salsa for fish, shrimp or any type of seafood.
3. Sip it, add it to pineapple or other fruit juice, put on ice.
4. Make a sauce by blending papaya with lime juice, salt & pepper and grated coconut. Pour over seafood or meat.
5. Smoothie, made with papaya and banana. In blender add papaya, banana, milk, yogurt, vanilla extract and ice. Blend until smooth and pour in large cup.
These are a few ways to add papaya to your diet; there are countless ways to eat a delicious, nutritional diet with papaya and other healthy ingredients. Choosing healthy, nutritional, disease fighting foods will also take you a long way in losing weight. It is a win-win situation.
Source: Living with Cancer, healthmonitor.com