Iran’s president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, during a speech at the United Nations, raised the possibility that the 9/11 terrorist attacks were orchestrated by elements in the United States federal government in order to somehow boost the nation’s economy. He then said that most Americans and countries around the world believe that the 9/11 terrorist attacks were part of a conspiracy theory. Though he was much criticized for these statements, President Ahmadinejad has promulgated a number of other conspiracy theories over the years. 10 of them are listed below.
1. President Ahmadinejad Has often said that the television show, America’s Got Talent, is nothing more than a western propaganda vehicle created to spread capitalism around the world and that most of the contestants on the show are actually, “paid professional singers and dancers.” Producers of the show, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that Ahmadinejad is just upset that his flute playing wasn’t good enough to get him a spot on the show.
2. For years, Iran’s President has expressed concerns that the character “Big Bird” on the television show Sesame Street may actually not be a real bird, but really a man or a woman dressed as an animal. He has since banned all Sesame Street characters from entering Iran and has called Bert and Ernie, “especially dangerous subversives”.
3. Ahmadinejad, speaking at an awards ceremony for Hollywood directors, made known his view that Betty White’s resurgent popularity was suspicious and that she might be plotting a terrorist attack on the Grand Canyon, which she would then try to blame on Islamic extremists. Surprisingly, when the FBI investigated this claim, they found thousands of pounds of military grade C-4 explosive stored in a van on Ms. White’s property.
5. Close aides to the Iranian President has said that when he visits the United States he never eats at McDonald’s because he believes that Ronald Mike Donald is the devil in disguise due to his red hair and bizarre manner of interacting with people.
6. Occasionally, Ahmadinejad has voiced his belief that he believes that Vice President Joe Biden is nothing more than a, “feral man-child”, who doesn’t understand politics and who probably lives in a sparsely decorated shed behind the White House. Vice president Joe Biden has strongly condemned Pres. Ahmadinejad statements, and furthermore said that he lives in a wooden shed behind the White House as a choice, not because he kept soiling the White House carpet.
7. Speaking to a group of engineers at the Iran University of Science and Technology, he said that the United States was smuggling advanced robots which looked almost indistinguishable from people into the country in order to overthrow the dictatorship that he represents. To stunned onlookers, he then revealed a robotic Sarah Palin who delivered a speech on being a, “Mama Grizzly out to eat Democrats.”
8. During an impromptu speech given to students at Columbia University in New York, he asked that the United States government look into the possibility that Big Foot was an invention by the US military to prevent an invasion of the country by Russia after World War 2. At one point he addressed the stunned audience, “Maybe the American forests are really not full of large hairy ape-men?”
9. On several occasions Ahmadinejad has blamed Donald Trump for the economic meltdown, which he believes was orchestrated by him to “make billions and destroy emerging markets around the globe.” Donald Trump only responded by saying that, “President Ahmadinejad is getting into dangerous territory with his comments.”
10. Ahmadinejad, who recently toured the gulf coast region hit by the BP oil spill said several times, “Where’s the oil? I don’t see it”. He said that he believed that BP oil spill was faked so that the U.S. military could test a new laser weapon system.
For the Top 10 New Political Slang Phrases click here.