The normally low-key news outlet, National Public Radio-NPR-recently found itself receiving unwanted media attention over the firing of Juan Williams, a long time news correspondent who made islamophobic comments on Fox News. Williams discussed his fear of seeing people in “muslim garb” on airplanes. Off-putting as this may be, Williams and his other boss, Fox News, have decided to go on the attack. NPR is now being portrayed as an ultra-liberal news organization, but is this a fair characterization? Ten signs that NPR is actually a socialist news outlet are listed below.
1. NPR’s morning program is called the “Red Wind” which some believe is a reference to communism.
2. While only 1% of NPR’s budget comes from the U.S. Federal government, the following countries combined contribute over 50% of the total budget: China, North Korea, and Cuba.
3. NPR frequently reruns “Happy Hours with Mr. Kim”, a North Korean radio show meant to showcase the great achievements of the glorious North Korean leader Kim Jung-Il.
4. NPR’s afternoon program is called “Stalin-Talk”, perhaps a another not-so-veiled reference to communist leader Joseph Stalin.
5. NPR’s CEO frequently laments that Russia has become a capitalistic-mafia controlled country because they “turned away from the wholesome values of communism over a decade ago.”
6. Fidel Castro has frequently complained that NPR is too socialistic even for him.
7. The official NPR flag is red with a ghostly silhouette of Chairman Mao in the background.
8. Listeners who call into NPR’s afternoon program, “Fresh Air”, are frequently greeted as comrade or brother or sister socialist.
9. Every Friday afternoons a lengthy discussion is held about what the world would look like if the communists had won the Cold War.
10. People who work for NPR full time are not allowed to own personal property, but must give all their earnings back to the company.
For the The Top Ten Nancy Pelosi Doomsday Orders click here.