It’s been a field day for royal watchers in Britain as recently it was announced that Prince William will be marrying his longtime girlfriend, Kate Middleton, sometime in 2011. In addition, an interview that Prince Charles had with NBC’s Brian Williams will be aired later in the week. However, given that William is much more popular that his father, Prince Charles, could Queen Elizabeth bypass Charles and appoint her grandson king when she decides to retire from “Queening”?
Listed below are ten ways that Queen Elizabeth may break the news to Charles that he will not be King of England.
1. I’m afraid you look too much like a horse to be on official British currency Charles.
2. I warned you Charles, . . . no throne if you marry that Diana.
3. How can you be King when all you do is putter around that bizarre organic medieval village you built?
4. The public demands that I disown you Charles.
5. Charles, . . . your real father was a half leprechaun-half man creature we kept in the tower for decades, and this may mean you won’t get to be king.
6. You can barely brush your own teeth Charles, how do you expect to run a country?
7. If the public were ever to find out that you have 7 webbed toes on each foot, it could ruin the monarchy.
8. Because you married that witch Camilla, you can never be king.
9. Look at this news article Charles, you’re even less popular that Hitler in France!
10. If you become king there will be no more sleeping in the barn with pigs Charles.
For The Top Ten 2010 New Word Creations click here.