We pet owners always seem to be looking for new and innovative products to help make life easier for our non-human family members. Here are ten of the top new dog products of 2010.
1. Comfort Adjustable Pink Collar for Dogs – After my puppy outgrew her first collar, I purchased the Comfort Adjustable Collar for Dogs at my local Petco store. Its plushness makes the collar much more comfortable and causes less damage to the throat; plus, it is adjustable, so it should last the rest of my dog’s lifetime. Buy a matching comfort leash separately.
2. Sleepypod Air – This breathable mesh doggy carrier folds in and zips on the ends, making it adaptable to different airlines’ under-seat storage requirements. You can also secure the carrier to your rolling luggage or fasten it to car seat belts.
3. Portable Dog Wash – You can easily store this portable bathtub and inflate it when you are ready to give the dog a bath. Just put your dog inside, zip it up, and unplug the drain when you’re done. Don’t worry–the material is strong enough to prevent nail punctures.
4. Eurobowl Water Dispenser – You don’t even have to waste electricity to use this innovative dog bowl. It automatically refills the bowl and it is impossible for your dog to tip over. Plus, there is a window in the front to remind you when it’s time to refill the reservoir.
5. 1Z Coat – It doubles as a coat and a harness; now you can skip the hassle by attaching the leash directly to the coat, and you’re all set to go. Not only will it keep your pup warm, but it is waterproof and washable.
6. Hydro Bone – Playing out in the hot sun can dehydrate your dog quickly. What’s better than a dog bone filled with water to quench his thirst? Perhaps you could freeze it to make it last longer on hot days.
7. Crazy Critters – If you have a large dog with strong teeth, you have probably experienced a room full of stuffing from his toys. These plush toys have no stuffing, so your pup can gnaw all day, and you’ll never have to clean up those white cotton clouds again.
8. Poochplanet Orthodogs Therapeutic Foam Bed – Do you have an elderly or senior dog? This eco-friendly soy foam padded bed–made to relieve your dog’s aches and pains–will quickly become his favorite spot.
9. Days Ago Digital Counter – Place this handy little counter near your pet’s meds, and you will be reminded exactly when it is time for his next dose. It also helps with remembering to bathe your dog, groom him, or anything else that is difficult to remember.
10. Bags on Board Dispenser Leash Handle – Loop your leash through the handle, and you’ll always have a stash of doggy bags handy. It just gives you one less thing to think about.