If you are searching for a good Halloween movie to watch with your family without the blood and gore, then here is the Top 20 list of all Family Halloween movies to help in your selection:
1. Hocus Pocus – This is by far the best family Halloween movie. You have witches running amuck on Halloween night with trick-or-treating, zombies, and black cats all in the mix. At the same time it’s a great family movie.
2. Harry potter Series – Out of all of the Harry Potter movies I would really recommend the 1st as far as the family and Halloween goes. With Pumpkins, wizards and so much more it give us more of a holiday feel while at the same time it’s pretty tame for the little ones.
3. Halloween Town Series – Great movies for the youngsters, and family. Of course it’s all about Halloween which makes it a perfect choice. Can be a little cheesy at times, because the movies were made for TV, but still high on the list.
4. The nightmare before xmas – Really good animation and integration of both Halloween and Xmas. The Boogie man can be a little scary, but still a really good choice.
5. Corpse Bride – It has skeletons galore, and a good story line. Great animation and another good movie with a somewhat Halloween feel.
6. Beetlejuice – Not too much in terms of Halloween, but with monsters, the dead, ghosts, etc. it’s a very entertaining movie.
7. Ghostbusters – Of course having 4 guys busting ghosts is always funny. This would be higher up in the list if there was more of an incorporation of Halloween.
8. Bedknobs & Broomsticks – A classic disney movie. A good magically witch movie, and I have always loved the battle at the end.
9. Haunted mansion- Though the graveyard scene can be very scary, and maybe a fast forward might be needed during this part. Other than that it’s a fun ride in the Haunted Mansion.
10. Monster Inc.- Although there is NO Halloween, you are surrounded by monsters. Very good Pixar movie to watch with the family during Halloween, especially if your are looking for something a little less scary.
11. Casper – A cute little ghost movie. Although ahead of their time probably when it came out in terms of animation, so don’t be too crucial when trying to compare it to today’s standards.
12. Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit – A Good Halloween movie to watch with the kids.
13. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – A classic, which should be seen by every family.
14. The Addams Family – It’s always fun to see a Halloween-like family interact with the normal world.
15. Scooby-Doo – All of the Scooby-doo movies are great to see with the family.
16. Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie – You can’t beat a good Halloween movie with Pooh in it!
17. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad – A good story of the headless horseman.
18. The Worst Witch – One of those movies I loved as a child. A little corny at times, but Great for the kids to watch.
19. The Little Vampire – A nice Halloween movie to watch with the younger ones.
20. Mickey’s House of Villains – A good way to incorporate many older Halloween clips from Disney animation. Fun to watch.