There were only a couple of upsets in the NCAA Top 25 this week. No. 1 Oregon should hold on to their position in the polls with a win over Washington, although they did not look very impressive in the win. TCU blew away undefeated Utah to cement themselves in third place in the BCS rankings. Cam Newton and No. 3 Auburn also looked impressive in racking up 62 points in their win over Chattanooga, as did No. 2 Boise St. in their convincing victory over Hawaii. But No. 5 Alabama did get beat by No. 12 LSU for the Crimson Tide’s second loss of the year. And No. 7 Wisconsin looked solid in their win over Purdue. Unranked Texas A&M did knock off No. 11 Oklahoma 33-19 in late action.
NCAA Top 25 College Football Scores
Saturday, Nov. 6
(23) N.C. St 13
Clemson 14 – The Tigers upset the Wolfpack in a defensive game.
(7) Wisconsin 34
Purdue 13 – The Badgers roll over the Boilermakers.
(16) Michigan St 31 – The Spartans bounce back to beat the Gophers.
(15) Iowa 18
Indiana 13 – The Hawkeyes hold off the Hoosiers in a surprisingly tight game.
(22) Baylor 28
(19) Okla St 55 – The Cowboys put it to the Bears in an offensive shootout.
(3) Auburn 62 – The Tigers cruise by Chattanooga to move to 9-0 and primed for the stretch run.
(4) TCU 47
(6) Utah 7 – The Horned Frogs crush the Utes to go to 10-0.
(2) Boise St 42 – Boise St. crushes Hawaii to remain undefeated.
(24) Florida St 35 – North Carolina stuns favored Florida State.
(9) Nebraska 17
Iowa St 10 – The Cornhuskers hold on to beat the Cyclones.
(1) Oregon 53 – The Ducks rev up in the second half to blow away Jake Locker and the Huskies.
(5) Alabama 21
(12) LSU 24 – LSU knocks off SEC rival Alabama.
(25) Nevada 63
Idaho 17 – Nevada crushes Idaho to remain in the Top 25.
(11) Oklahoma 19
Texas A&M 33 – The Aggies stun the Sooners in College Station.
(17) Arkansas 41
(18) S Carolina 20 – The Razorbacks are too much for the Gamecocks to handle.
(14) Missouri 17
Texas Tech 24 – The Red Raiders surprise the swooning Tigers in Lubbock.
(13) Arizona 17
(10) Stanford 42 – The Cardinal take it to the Wildcats and cruise to an easy win.
Thursday, Nov. 4
GA Tech 21
(20) VA Tech 28
NCAA Football Week 9 Notes
Cam Newton had another spectacular week for Auburn despite the controversy surrounding alleged NCAA recruiting violations. Newton threw for a career record 317 yards and four touchdowns, and ran in another TD. Justin Blackmon of Oklahoma State had 173 yards receiving with one TD and scored another touchdown on a 70 yard run.
2010 BCS Update
The pieces of the 2010 BCS puzzle began to fall into place today, with just a couple more weeks to fill in the gaps until conference championship weekend and the final scramble for the big BCS bowls. Oregon remains on top for now, with three undefeated contenders in Auburn, Boise St and TCU not far behind.
For more on college football see:
College Football Scores – Complete Top 25 NCAA Football Scores (Week 8)