Has your child’s elementary teacher made learning enjoyable? Did they go beyond the call of duty to help your child? Do you simply want to show your child’s elementary teacher how grateful you are for them? Then, the Christmas season offers a great time to show appreciation to your child’s elementary teacher.
When it comes down to it, one of the best gifts that you can give a teacher throughout the school year is the support you give to your child. Elementary teachers understand that parent support plays a crucial role in a student’s success. Parents can show support by checking their child’s homework, making sure their child have adequate school supplies and praising their child for their hard work.
However, who doesn’t like receiving gifts? Your Christmas gift for an elementary teacher need not be extravagant. Check out these simple Christmas gift ideas that will make any elementary teacher merry this Holiday season.
5. Gift Baskets: Even Elementary school teachers like something sweet every now and then. A small gift basket of their favorite treats will surely please their “sweet tooth.” If they are not into the sweets, a gift basket that includes hand sanitizers and a Kleenex box will also do. Students come to the classroom sneezing, coughing and with runny noses. As much as they love their students, they don’t want to catch anything they have or have them get any of their classmates sick.
4. Educational Helpers: Elementary teachers are constantly trying to find ways to keep their students engaged. Christmas gifts like puzzles; educational games and children books are great helps for learning centers. These items help to build a wide variety of resources available to an elementary teacher.
3. Classroom Supplies: Teachers spend a lot of their own money to make up for classroom supplies. Christmas gifts like boxes of pencils, crayons, sticky notes and even reams of papers make a world of difference.
2. Personalized: Personalized useful Christmas gifts like pens, tote bags, note pads and so forth are great ways to show appreciation.
1. Gift Cards: Any teacher would love a gift card for Christmas. Elementary teachers appreciate gift cards to bookstores, teacher supply stores or to their favorite restaurant. If you’re not sure what they like, please feel free to purchase a Visa Gift card. Visa Gift cards are accepted at most retailers and it gives elementary teachers the flexibility to purchase what they want.
While elementary teachers will never ask for a Christmas gift, nor would they expect one, they sure do appreciate any thoughtful gift that you give them. Its nice to know that you care, but a simple thank you now and then is a great gift at Christmas time and throughout the school year.