It’s the Halloween Season and we all are looking for haunted places to go. I have compiled a list of the Top 5 Haunted Places in America. So, if you are ready to travel – jump on board and here we go.
- New Orleans, LA– The city is steeped in stories of ghosts, vampires, witches, voodoo and much more. When you come into the city you can feel a very haunted and spiritual presence. The day boasts with stores and vendors who can mesmerize you but the night is what entices you. Marie Laveau, the voodoo queen, vampire sites relating to the Anne Rice stories and the above ground tombs and cemeteries all lend to an air of paranormal activity. All of this combined makes New Orleans the most haunted city.
- Gettysburg, PA. The site of one of the bloodiest Civil War battle is full of reports of ghostly apparitions and moaning soldiers There are hundreds of paranormal investigators that flock to the town to do investigations.
- Savannah, Ga. The old southern city that housed the setting for both the movie and book , “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil” is also the home to stories of southern women who are ghosts and haunt the area business, haunted trains and carriages and the most chilling ghost walks. Savannah’s climate, myriad past, and the secrets that it hides makes it very haunted and scary.
- Salem, MA is one of the first cities in colonial America that suffered from horrific events thus creating negative energy and paranormal activity. The hanging of innocent women and the crushing of an innocent man will definitely bring about negative spirits and events. There are ghost, witch, and vampire hunting tours in the city. They include houses of that fell to pirating as well as unexplained phenomena. It is a city that has more stories to tell other than the history of witches that we all are familiar. It is a beautiful town and really houses paranormal energy.
- Chicago, Ill. is steeped in horrific events that have lead to the Windy City to be naked a very haunted place. Whether it’s Al Capone’s bloody Valentine’s Day massacre, the Great Fire of Chicago where the whole city was destroyed or the violent crimes that occurred so early last century, this is nothing compared to the two strangest stories that Chicago holds is that of Resurrection Mary and the Devil Baby of Hull House. Resurrection Mary is about a young girl who was killed on the way to meet her boyfriend at a dance. She has been reported as haunting the streets numerous times but the scariest is the Devil Baby of Hull House. Jane Addams, a famous activist and owner Hull House and told of a family who came to the house and refused to stay in the room with any religious paintings, etc. He cursed them and then his child was born there with scaly skin and a tail. He is said to still haunt the house to this day.
I have been to all of these places and must say that in their own right each are very haunted. I would suggest visitng these cities as well as reading about their histories. The dark and chilling tales would be great for a Halloween ghost story reading.