I’ve lived in the great state of Texas for many years now and I can tell you that the climate is one to get used to if you are not native to the state. The type of clothing, shoes and accessories you wear will be very dependent on the weather and the seasons in Texas. This means that your choice of shoe is also very important.
Here are five shoes ideal for Texas:
1. The flip-flop: There’s nothing like a great, comfortable flip-flop. While most people reserve this shoe for the beach or the pool, those in Texas can get away with it much more often. While the flip-flop might not be typical office attire, you can find many Texans wearing them to get groceries, run errands or walk around the block.
2. The sandal: Sandals are an upgrade to the flip-flop in the shoe world. They are slightly more “neat” looking and come in a variety of styles, colors and designs to meet nearly any wardrobe need. Sandals are great in Texas because they allow your feet to breathe, especially during hot days.
3. A strong, comfortable tennis shoe: Sometimes you need to get physical and a great tennis shoe will help you get the job done right. Whether you are jogging through the neighborhood, working out in your favorite gym or helping a neighbor move, a great pair of tennis shoes work well in the Texas climate where it is often hot and dry.
4. The Cowboy boot: Whether you are native to Texas or just made your way here over the years, there’s nothing quite like the token cowboy boot. Every Texan should have at least one pair. They make them for men, women and children alike and in Texas, you can wear them with anything!
5. Loafers: These are one of the most popular types of slip on shoes and they come in a variety of styles, shapes and colors to suit men, women and even children. They come in canvas, leather and cloth materials and are typically designed in a breathable fashion. This means that while the Texas heat kicks up on you, your feet can stay cool and comfortable without you sacrificing style.
Now that you know about the top five shoes ideal for Texas, you’re ready to start shopping for your own perfect shoes. Whether you currently live in Texas, plan to visit or plan to move to the Lonestar State, you can benefit from the right footwear day in and day out.