Every year about this time, all the good moms, dads, and grandparents start trying to find just the right gift for their kids or grandchildren. To make things a little easier on us all, I’ve put together the top five selling toys for 9-12 year old boys and girls. Don’t worry about your Xmas shopping this year, all the best choices that your little ones will love are listed below. The two biggest and best toy companies in the United States are, Hasbro and Mattel.
Top Girl Presents for Xmas 2010
In the order of most popular, the top Xmas sellers will be,
5. The Password Journal – Only $23.99, plus tax. This isn’t any journal, it features voice recognition password protection, the intruder alert notifies her of thieves, as well as paper, pen and a small writing light with on/off switch. It takes 3 AA batteries, and is for any little girl 6 and up. For customer reviews click this link, Mattel Password Reviews–http://shop.mattel.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3761613.
4. Barbie’s Ride with Me Mini Scooter – It’s only $43.90, on the web and slightly more in store. If you pay close attention to the lower front of the mini scooter, you’ll notice a small stand. That’s for your little girl to put her own Barbie doll on its own miniature mini scooter! It measures 23.7 x 7.3 x 4.2.
3. Barbie & The Three Musketeers video game for the Wii console. It only costs $19.99, plus tax. Your little girl will play as the Barbie version of Corinne, Viveca, Renee, and Aramina. Each character will have special gifts and abilities needed throughout the game. She’ll explore the environments of the French countryside, all the way to the bustling streets of Paris. Also, she can play as the pet cat, Miette, helping the other characters along as they play.
2. Barbie Video Girl Doll – It costs $49.99, plus tax. Give the Xmas present that keeps giving. You little girl will be able to record and playback clips on her Mac or Windows format. More editing capabilities are available with the Windows format than Mac. For example, only Windows format will allow you add music, graphics and special effects available at dolls official website. Remember, this is a battery powered Barbie, buy 2 AAA batteries, at least.
The absolute best gift for a girl in the age range of 9 – 12 is, surprisingly, a printer! Coming in at number for toys to buy you little girl for Xmas is,
1. Barbie Doll’ D Up Nails – Digital Nail Printer. It costs $179.99, plus tax. A great gift for the 9 – 12 year old girl in your family, not to mention mom! They can choose from over 1,000 designs to be digitally printed onto their fingernails. Hook it up to the computer and you can even download images to be printed on their adorable little fingernails. It comes with a power adapter, meaning no batteries needed, always a plus! It connects to a Window formatted PC with its provided USB connector, it includes a CD-ROM with instructions and printing software for your computer. It also comes with some nail polish.
Top Xmas presents for boys
5. World Wrestling Entertainments WWE Superstar Ring, it only costs $14.99, plus tax. The mat is spring loaded for extra action, the ropes are real and tight. No batteries are required, but assembly is. Figures are sold separately.
4. WWE’s Shawn Michael’s Elite Collection figure(series 3), it costs $21.99, plus tax. This Shawn Michael’s figure comes in full articulation of all its joints, unlike its Entrance Legend counterpart.
3. Screature – Interactive Dinosaur, it costs $36.99, plus tax. The built in sensors react to your child movements, its plastic jaw snaps and multi-colored mane frills up. It showcases a dozen different sounds and is great for kids 6 – 12 years old. To view a demo- click here.http://shop.mattel.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3761243
2. Loopz Game, it only costs $29.99, plus tax. The next generation of Simon Says has arrived. Wave your hands through the sensors to play seven different games to test your hand/eye coordination. It can be played by yourself, or have an tournament with as many as four others.
1. The top toy for pre-teen boys, in the United States is… THE H3 HUMMER R/C, it’s $48.99, plus tax. Batteries are not included, The Corvette R/C looks cooler, but for the type of fun in the dirt your kid will love, the H3 HUMMER R/C is the best money can buy.