Of course almost every cheerleading team needs money for something. From shoes to uniforms, it’s one of the more expensive sports out there and fundraising is an integral part of each program. Here are some of the best fundraisers to help any cheerleading team.
1. Donation letters – All you have to do is send letters to friends, family members, and businesses around asking for team donations. Make sure you place little checkpoints for $10-$50 and even one marked other for big donors. It’s an easy and simple fundraiser that will make your team a lot of money without the face to face begging that can be uncomfortable.
2. Cheerleading Camp – I have seen cheerleading camps (especially stunt camps) make tons of money especially for college Teams. Just make sure you market the camp by sending flyers to the schools and build a website to help market it even more.
3. Ebay sale – If you just have every member of the team send $20 worth of product to sell on EBAY. It could be coupons, old toys, old clothes, old DVD’s, old CD’s etc. For a team of 30 people, you could make $600 or more as long as someone is willing to sell them.
4. Help at cheerleading competitions – All you have to do is contact a cheerleading competition company and see your team can help them at one of their competitions. They usually need people to set up, tear down, or work the event. Your school might be able to host a competition as well for more money directed toward your teams.
5. Car Wash – Car washes are a fun way to make money. Your team can make $200-$400 in an afternoon while having fun. It’s a good starter fundraiser.
6. School dance – For high school and Jr. high teams you can make some good money by hosting a dance. Just charge money at the door, and make any additional money off photos and drinks.
7. Restaurant fundraiser – The new fundraising kick is to have a restaurant donate a percentage of what it earned during an evening to a group for the night. All you have to do is sign up with the restaurant for a specific date, and then tell all your friends and family to eat there on that specific night. While they are there, they need to state that they are eating there for your cheerleading group. Then you will get a check. It’s really easy. You can earn $200-$400 a night, so try to schedule one of these once a month and you could make some serious money.
8. Bag Groceries – Go to one of your local grocery stores and see if they will allow you to bag groceries for the day to earn money. Your team will need to create a donation box so that customers will put donations in the box for your team. You can have separate shifts and money in excess of $600 for the day.
9. Inflatable bouncer/Dunk Tank – at a game or other school function you should see if you can get a dunk tank and/or a inflatable bouncer and charge people at the event.
10. School Tees – Come up with a cool school t-shirt (on white and make it simple for a cheaper price), create order forms, and hand them out to students in the school.
This should at least get you started. If you need more quick ideas, then here are some more for your enjoyment.
1. Internet Surveys
2. Internet Articles
3. Credit Card sign up
5. Cheerleading Marketing for a Day
6. Craft/Bake Sell
9. Open Gym
10. Pay per performance
11. Kiss the Pig
12. Buy a cheerleader for a Day (or date a cheerleader)
13. Valentine’s Suckers
14. Host a Dance
15. Work concessions
16. Build a website and ad advertising
17. Wrap Xmas presents
18. Spaghetti supper
19. Father/Daughter Ball
20. Team Posters/calendar
21. Paint faces
22. Scratch Card
23. Sell School Tattoos
24. Used book sell
25. Sell bottled water
28. Sell old uniforms
29. Road Blocks
30. Sell Game Buttons
31. Pre-Game BBQ
32. Sell game poms,fingers, noise-makers, etc.
33. Babysitter Program
34. Sell cookbooks
35. Sell lollipops
36. Sell Cookies
37. Sell Pizzas
38. Sell Candles