To all you MMA fans out there, and there are plenty, another exciting seminar from Guy Mezger’s Combat Sports Club is taking place. Saturday, Sept. 25 from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., Jason House will be teaching top-level MMA training and fighting techniques, with special emphasis on Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Jason is one of the top MMA fighters in Texas and always has exciting fights and lots of hard finishes.
If you ever wanted to learn MMA, you need to attend this seminar and learn from one of the top fighters in Texas and the South. Master Guy Mezger always puts on the best seminars and has the best of the best teachers training with him. Master Mezger is a former Pancreas and UFC World Champion, as well as a Full-Contact Kick Boxing Champion World Champion. He is also one of the few World Champions that has a successful martial arts school; the only other one in the DFW area is Master Troy Dorsey, who is the only man to be a full-contact Karate World Champion and World Champion Boxer.
Here are 5 things can you expect to learn from this seminar.
1. Kicking techniques that work in the MMA ring, not just the dojo. Too many MMA fighters train with unrealistic expectations of what kicks actually work in the MMA ring and how to do them with power and control. It is easy to kick hard in the club when your opponent doesn’t fight back and lets you put your foot down. It is easy to score points with a kick, but hard to do knock outs with the same “point kick.” And most important, it is much easier to break your foot or your leg with bad kicking techniques than to knock your opponent down. Watch Jason’s fight video and see his powerful kicking techniques.
2. Punching for MMA. There is a complete difference between punching for karate, punching for boxing and punching in MMA. The strikes are different, the protection different and the block and combinations are much different. You need to know what works and how and why it works, and Jason will show you.
3. Take downs that actually work. How often have you seen a poor MMA take-down and seen the guys just standing and sprawling and nothing happening? Too often, you need to know the right way to take someone down and keep them down. Bad shots are often worse than no shots and can get you into significant trouble in the MMA ring.
4. Finishes on the ground. The difference between rolling in Jiu Jitsu class and grappling in the MMA ring is significant and if you don’t know the difference you will pay severely for your lack of knowledge. It is easy to finish someone on the mat in the club, but much harder and requires much different technique when they are hitting you while you are trying to do the arm bar.
5. Ground and pound. You need to know that the guard does not work for most MMA fighters because they don’t know how to do it for the MMA ring. Too many MMA fighters get their butts kicked by a fighter from the guard or half guard. Jason knows how to do the guard and more importantly how to fight from the guard.
This will be an exciting and informative seminar that any MMA fan doesn’t want to miss. I will be there taking photos and doing interviews.