Here are a few tips for the bride to be I learned working with Jeanne Brueckner, Owner of Mainstreet Flower Market. Jeanne shared five easy steps for a bride to follow in planning wedding flowers with a florist. She also shared a few easy reminders for wedding florists that brides will certainly appreciate.
5 Steps to a Well Prepared Bride
1) Do Your Floral Homework: Most florists have too many ideas to share when it comes to wedding flowers. You can end up bombarded with possibility and pricing if you walk into a florist without any idea of what you want. Just having a few basic ideas will ensure a good start and it’s as simple as browsing wedding and floral magazines or websites. As most florists should, Jeanne has a portfolio of her best wedding flowers to share with brides.
2) Make an Appointment: Just dropping by a florist’s shop can end up being a wasted trip, as it takes a full consultation. A few days notice will ensure a florist is well prepared to give you a full consultation and presentation of their work.
3) Bring Pictures: A visual aid showing what types of flowers and arrangements you love will save both florist and bride a lot of time. Much can be lost in the vague floral descriptions most people provide.
4) Know Your Colors: It may take time to find the right flowers to accent bridesmaid dresses. A large spectrum of flower colors is out there; just saying “purple” can end up in a disastrous clash unrealized till the wedding day.
5) Bring a Planner: When a bride to be shows up for a consultation with a planning book, Jeanne knows things will go well. These are the Brides who have thought things out and know what they want. Having a planning book will ensure you keep track of the florist’s ordering and delivery schedule as well.
5 Easy Reminders for Wedding Florists
1) Never call a bride on her wedding day unless completely necessary.
2) Brides are nervous and this may comes across in a variety of tempers; be understanding.
3) It’s her wedding day, no matter how much you disagree with her choices.
4) Watch your ordering and delivery schedule especially with weddings around busy floral holidays.
5) Get Feedback: If a bride doesn’t pick you after a consultation find out why.