I am a huge advocate of getting measured and wearing a bra that fits so perhaps that is why I notice when women don’t…not really sure. The point is, I do notice and am pretty sure that I am not the only one that notices. Get fitted for your bras ladies! It only takes a few minutes to get properly fitted for a bra and your back, not to mention the “girls” will thank you for it.
10. Back Boobs. When you wear a bra that is too small, it squeezes any back fat that you may have. If you have a good deal of back fat, or if your bra is that small, you will get what is known as “back boobs”. These are not attractive in any way and even with a t-shirt on, your back boobs are visible.
9. Need a Belt for those? If your bra is too large and allows your girls to sag, you will end up needing a belt for them. If you appear to be flat chested with a rather lumpy belly, it very well could be because your boobs are hanging down to your belt line.
8. NHO – If you are not wearing a bra at all, we can see your nipples. Plain and simple. It doesn’t have to be cold, we can see them.
7. Sweat – If your bra is not correctly hoisting your girls into place you run the extra risk of the dreaded boob sweat. Now everyone sweats, but when your fitted tee makes it’s way underneath your ill fitted bra and hangs out under there, you get the equivalent of pit stains in that area and that can be very embarrassing.
6. Extra boobs – Unless you are in the movie Terminator, or wearing a crazy Halloween costume, there is really no need for extra boobs. A bra that is WAY too tight is going to create extra boobs on top of the ones you have. Now, some men might find this fantastic, but it’s not. No really, it’s not.
5. Extra folds – If the cup of your bra is too big, you are going to have “folds” under shirt. Now, most people might not realize what is going on, but I promise you, it looks funny.
4. Bra Strap visibility – If your straps are ill fitted, we are going to see them. They are going to hang out of your tank strap, your t-shirt sleeve, and occasionally we will see you dig into the shoulder of your shirt and put the strap back on your shoulder. I think that would be annoying to constantly be digging in my shirt to replace a strap.
3. Cute Bras are out there- Every woman wants a bra that she can feel sexy in, but let’s face it ladies, it can be hard to find the perfect black lace bra with the little pink bow in larger sizes in the store. This doesn’t mean that you can’t get yourself measured, or measure yourself, and order online or through the store. When I was breastfeeding my son I was a 40 G for a while and I had to order my nursing bras, but it was o much more comfortable than squeezing into one that was too small. So please don’t shove your girls into something that doesn’t fit because “the bra was just so cute”
2. Don’t let the SALE sign reel you in – Again, finding your size on a clearance rack may not be easy. If you do find your size buy it! If not, remember that you can order one on line or through the store.
1. COMFORT!!! – Please don’t try to tell me that your 40D girls are comfortable in a 36B bra. I hurt just thinking about it. A bra that fits properly is going to be so much more comfortable. It is not going to squeeze or pinch anything. It is not going to fall down and need readjusting. You will not be messing with it all day and I am pretty sure that you won;t really need to think about it. Who has time to be thinking about their undergarments when there is work to be done, toys to be picked up, and dinner to be made?
So please ladies. For your own comfort and dignity, wear a bra that fits! Most lingerie stores and lingerie departments in larger department stores will measure you. You can also measure yourself with many sites giving you instructions on line and then go shopping or order a bra that you like. Be sure to try them on as not all bras are made the same. Also, be sure to get measured every time you are in the market for a new bra. Bodies change and your bra size might change too.