Recently Glen Beck held a bizarre “Restore Honor” rally at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. on the 47th Anniversary of Martin Luther King’s timeless “I have a dream speech”. Though the total number of participants is unknown and controversial, it is estimated that hundreds of thousands attended the rally. However many political pundits are scratching their heads trying to figure out what the rally was about. While the event was secretly organized by people rumored to be in the Tea Party to be a serious event praising Tea Party historical figures, a number of hilarious episodes nonetheless occurred during the rally. Ten of them are listed below.
1. Betty White appeared on stage briefly with Glen Beck, she read a tersely worded statement about the situation in Iran and for unknown reasons burned the Albanian flag before leaving the stage.
2. Tea Party activists setup dozens of tables with punch bowls filled with ice tea. Dozens of people began to vomit when it was announced that squirrels had been seen urinating into some of the punch bowls.
3. Conservative talk show host Anne Coulter parachuted into the rally and kick boxed a man dressed up like President Obama to great applause.
4. As Glen Beck is Mormon, several of his wives joined him on stage to sing “America the Beautiful” at the end of the performance.
5. Special prayer books made by “Minister Beck” had prayers and hymns which ask for heavenly intervention to help Tea Party and republican candidates win in the fall mid-term elections.
6. A barber shop quartet, called the “Tea Party Boys”, sang songs which celebrated the role of the South during the Civil War in addition to Yankee Doodle and various show tunes.
7. Glen Beck rowed a canoe around the reflecting pool dressed up as Davy Crockett before taking the stage.
8. A British flag was burned by Tea Party members who vowed that “never again” would red coats be allowed to occupy any land in the Continental United States.
9. Sarah Palin declared that if President Obama gets a second term, then Alaska would secede from the country and declare themselves to be a “Free Tea Party Nation.”
10. Elton John performed a special version of his song “Philadelphia Freedom” for the tea partiers, which audience members said was full of jabs at Beck and his followers.
For the top ten causes of prison riots click here.