Home Remedies for Eliminating Symptoms of Digestive Problems
What is Candida?
Candida is a natural yeast like fungal organism that lives in and on our bodies. Candida is a natural fungi that exists on our skin and in our mouth, intestinal tract and vagina. Symptoms occur when fungal overgrowth takes place, leading to health problems such as constipation, reflux, heartburn, and other digestive problems. Excessive Candida can also lead to underlying problems in many diseases. Because Candida is resistant to antibiotics, treatment needs to begin through natural home remedies. A natural treatment usually involves a holistic approach in order to eliminate the symptoms of digestive problems.
Symptoms of Digestive Problems
1) Problems of Indigestion, the first of four common symptoms, usually entail bloating and belching and sometimes include pain or burning in the upper abdomen. Indigestion is a natural reaction to a poor diet and is usually a problem that can be eliminated with the treatment of natural home remedies that usually includes a healthier diet. Indigestion is also an indication of digestive problems.
2) Problems of Constipation, the second of four common symptoms, occur when someone has less than three bowel movements a week and the stools are hard and dry. Straining and having the feeling that all has not been emptied are also symptoms of constipation and digestive problems and is usually a problem or symptom that can be eliminated with the treatment of natural home remedies. This symptom is definitely not a natural bodily response if you are in good health.
3) Problems of Acid Reflux or GERD, the third of four common symptoms, are a more serious digestive problem. Symptoms may include burning in your chest and throat, chest pain, or regurgitation of food. The pain and discomfort is brought on by the backup of stomach acid into the esophagus. If not treated, GERD can eventually cause cancer. Severe symptoms as this are not a natural bodily response if you are in good health. This is also typically one of several symptoms that can be eliminated with the treatment of natural home remedies.
4) Problems of Diarrhea, the fourth of four common symptoms,are a condition of loose, watery stooles. Problems such as this are definitely not a natural bodily response if you are in good health. Diarrhea symptoms are also an indication of digestive problems and can be eliminated with the treatment of natural home remedies.
Causes of Digestive Problems
1) A poor diet consisting of processed foods, low fiber, lack of natural raw fruits and vegetables, foods you are allergic to, and high fat, carb, or sugary foods typically process much slower. Problems in your diet such as these allow for the natural fermentation, the absorption of toxins, and the loss of enzymes that help digest food. Choosing a poor diet over a natural one can create problems by increasing symptoms and hindering the treatment of digestive problems.
2) Drugs such as antibiotics, antihistamines, birth control pills,caffeine, alcohol, aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, tobacco and marijuana can affect the natural digestive process because they are toxins. Drugs also create problems by increasing symptoms and hindering the treatment of digestive problems.
3) Eating habits such as eating too fast, combining the wrong foods such as proteins and heavy starches, and eating fruit with other foods contribute to digestive problems and symptoms. Fruit digests quickly, but it is natural for it to ferment and cause problems of acid reflux when eaten with other slowly digestible foods. Our eating habits also create problems by increasing symptoms and hindering the treatment of digestive problems.
4) Stress causes our bodies to redirect the natural flow of oxygen, blood, and enzymes from the digestive tract to other regions of the body. Continual and daily stress of any kind can lead us toward digestive problems. The amount and level of stress we are under can also create problems by increasing symptoms and hindering the treatment of digestive problems.
Treatment for Digestive Problems
1) Eliminate processed carbohydrates and sugar as your first part of treatment to help reduce symptoms. Problems can occur with these foods in your diet because Candida will flourish in a natural sugary/carbohydrate environment. Reducing their natural food source will help lead to eliminating digestive problems and reduce the symptoms it creates.
2) Drink more water to help reduce symptoms.This natural treatment using pure natural water will help flush out waste, toxins, and by-products, which in turn helps to reduce symptoms.
3) Juice greens, herbs, lemons, and limes to help reduce symptoms. This treatment provides natural live food, as opposed to cooked or processed, and provides much more energy and nutrients in order to get our digestive system back in natural balance, furthering the reduction of symptoms.
4) Eat more fresh or steamed raw fruits and vegetables to help reduce symptoms. This treatment provides natural raw foods which help the digestive process by getting things moving and helps reduce symptoms.
5) Take enzyme supplements to help reduce symptoms. This treatment recognizes that natural enzymes help us digest what our bodies cannot, thus reducing symptoms.
6) Supplements such as natural tea tree oil, oregano, garlic, parsley, olive leaf extract, black walnut, biotin (one of the B vitamins), aloe vera, thyme, and ginger can help treat digestive problems. Adding this natural treatment to your home remedy plan may help other ailments in addition to eliminating symptoms of digestive problems.
7) Separate proteins and starches to help reduce symptoms. In this natural treatment technique, try eating protein for lunch and a starch and salad for dinner to help alleviate symptoms.
8) Eat fruit by itself as a snack or dessert as a natural treatment to eliminate symptoms of digestive problems, but never before bedtime so that it digests quickly without fermenting.
9) Eat slower to help reduce symptoms! One of the most important natural treatment steps suggests putting your fork down on the plate after each bite while you chew. You’ll be less tempted to inhale your food. It isn’t natural to eat on the run and this natural treatment alone will help with symptoms of digestive problems such as gas or indigestion.
10) Try to reduce stress. One of my favorite treatment regimens or natural ways for reducing or eliminating symptoms of digestive problems or just to reduce stress and relax is: take a hot bath more often or just give yourself more time to drive wherever you are going. You only have one life-don’t hurry through it!
These types of problems and the treatment for them can seem over whelming, but a natural treatment approach to many health problems can lead to the alleviation of symptoms of numerous illnesses. If you know your symptoms and can apply these natural treatment recommendations, it may help eliminate the problems you are having with candida or digestive problems. If you are unsure of what types of health problems you have and treatment for these problems has not worked, please seek the advice of a medical professional.
For part I of this article please visit “Treatment for Candida Overgrowth-Part I: Vaginal Candidiasis”
For other articles related to home remedies see:
1) “How to Treat Breast Pain: Natural Remedies for Mastitis”
2) “Home Remedies for a Headache”
3) “How to Treat Acne: Natural Acne Treatment”
4) “Diet: Is a Natural One the Best Weight Loss Plan?”
Authors’ Disclaimer: While every caution has been taken to provide my readers with the most accurate information, please use your discretion before making any decisions based on the information in this article. Always seek the medical advice of a professional when confronted with any medical concern.