Interesting Facts about Pigs: Some Basic Facts
Baby pigs are called piglets. A male pig is a boar. A female pig is called a gilt before having babies and a sow after having babies.
Most have 44 teeth, four toes on each foot, and some have straight tails while others have tails that curl.
Interesting Facts about Pigs: You Might Be Surprised…
Contrary to popular belief, they are quite clean animals. They roll in mud in order to stay cool since they are not able to sweat.
They are fans of rapper Eminem. Ok, well maybe not, but they do seem to like listening to music.
Bacon and ham is not all they are good for… insulin, weed killer, cosmetics, crayons, shoes, glass, and chewing gum are a few other things made from these animals.
Also contrary to popular belief, hogs always quit eating when they are full.
Interesting Facts about Pigs: Random Interesting Facts
Loud fact: Cover your ears. Their squeals are around 115 decimals which is more loud than a Concorde jet.
Yummy fact: The ice cream company Ben and Jerry’s sends their waste to local pig farmers to use as feed.
Sad fact: Did you know that it is not possible for them to look up at the sky?
Cool fact: Some of these animals have actually served in wars as mine sniffers.
1. Where is a pig’s skin the thickest?
2. What side do pigs always sleep on?
3. What continent is the only place you cannot find these animals?
4. What is the family name for hogs?
5. What is the smallest breed?
1. Their skin is the thickest on their backs.
2. They always sleep on their right side.
3. The only place you can’t find them is on Antarctica.
4. The family name for hogs is swine.
5. The smallest breed is the mini maialino.