Do you want to look younger? Do you know that we can actually turn back the hands of time by breaking some of our bad habits?
Dr. Oz, of the popular television show Dr. Oz, recently shared with his audience how we could turn back the hands of time by breaking some of our bad habits. Here is a sampling of what he shared and just how far we could turn back the hands of time.
Bad habit #1: Smoking
Smoking can add lines around our face. It can also just make us look tired looking. How did Dr. Oz suggest we quit this bad habit?
1. Pick a day to quit
2. Realize that it will take about 12 weeks for our cravings to calm down some.
3. Consider using a nicotine alternative to help us quit such as a patch or a pill. If you go cold turkey you will have a 5% chance of quitting. If your use a nicotine aide your chances improves to 35%.
If you actually manage to stop smoking, you can add 8 years to your appearance.
Bad habit #2: Sun bathing or sun tanning (tanning beds)
We all know that the sun not only tans us, it also bakes our skin which ages us. What can we do this turn back the hands of time due to sun damage?
1. Quit lying out in the sun or using those tanning booths. When you are out in the sun be sure to wear a SPF of 30.
2. Consider using a Vitamin A enriched cream to help heal your skin.
3. Eat cucumbers to help make your skin firmer looking.
If you follow these steps, you can turn back the hands of time by 5 years.
Bad habit #3: Eating fatty fried foods and drinking too much alcohol
Eating too many fried foods filled with high fat can make our waist line grow. It can also make our liver function more. The same is true by drinking too much alcohol. What should we do?
1. Limit our intake of alcohol by 1 drink a day.
2. Keep our daily fat content to 25% a day.
3. Eat spinach to aid liver recovery.
If we follow these steps, we can turn back the hands of time by 7 years.
Yes, we can actually make our appearance look older than it is. We do this by not living the way we should. Now is the time to break our bad habits and turn back the hands of time.
ABC, WSYX Columbus Ohio