In the past, I always preferred wearing my hair long, but recently I had to have it cut due to damage and I discovered that I actually prefer it short. There are many advantages to short hair, especially when it comes to the colder weather that’s expected in the winter, and I believe I will keep it short indefinitely. One thing that I like about having short hair is the ability to quickly and easily style it. Sure, with long hair you can simply toss your hair back in a ponytail, but with short hair you can do so much more. For some people, however, managing short hair can be a challenge at any time of the year, but especially in the winter when temperatures are expected to be cold. The following tips should help you keep your beautiful short hairstyle looking fabulous all winter long.
1. Salon Style Hair Dryer– You don’t necessarily have to go to the hair salon regularly in order to keep your short hairstyle looking great, but you do need a salon style hair dryer that will allow you to sit under it. You can get one for a relatively cheap price from amazon.com, Walmart and many other stores. This type of hair dryer-the hooded style-will enable you to sculpt your hair into various beautiful and creative styles that will have you turning heads. Simply wash and condition your hair, apply your favorite styling lotion and sit under the dryer until your hair dries. You’ll look like you just left the beauty salon but with having had to pay the cost.
2. Moisturize – Cold winter weather is notorious for drying out not only your skin but your hair as well. To prevent your short locks from looking more like straw than the beautiful hair that you’re used to, you’ll have to make sure that you keep your hair well hydrated, especially if you’re African American or have curly or naturally dry hair. You can purchase moisturizers for your hair just about any place, including local beauty supply stores, amazon.com, drugstore.com and even Walmart.
3. Choosing The Best Style – When you’re deciding which short hairstyle would best fit the look you’re trying to achieve, you need to take various factors into consideration. Some factors that you need to take into consideration are: styling tools available, condition of hair, length of hair as well as hair texture. If you’re looking to wear a sleek style this winter and your hair is naturally curly, you’ll have to find the best way to straighten your hair or your sleek style won’t be successful. Short bobs are not only trendy but they’re also very versatile and will fit anyone regardless of the shape or size of their face. If you like bangs, make sure the style you choose includes bangs, since there are quite a few short hairstyles with bangs available.
4. Regular Conditioning – In addition to properly moisturizing your hair in the wintertime, you’ll also want to make sure that you condition it regularly. Many women simply wash their hair with their favorite shampoo, dry it and style it, but most women need a good conditioner as well, especially during harsh winter months. It doesn’t have to be anything expensive, but as long as it contains protein, which helps to rebuild the hair shaft, prevent breakage and add shine. Leave-in conditioners are great as well.
5. Accessorize – Accessories like earrings, makeup and even accessories for the hair will only accentuate your short hairstyle, making it look even more attractive. You’ll feel a lot more attractive if you pair your new hairstyle with a new shade of lipstick or some trendy new earrings. Many people believe that short hair only looks good with large earrings, but this isn’t necessarily true. I personally used to believe this myth, but it’s just that: a myth. Smaller earrings can be just as attractive as larger ones and it all depends on your own personal preferences.
Short hairstyles can be quite fashionable and attractive, as well as easy to take care of. By following the above tips, you can ensure that you make the most of your hairstyle, enabling you to keep it looking wonderful and healthy all winter long-and throughout the year too.