Week 6 RB Rankings – Start/Sit Advice. Week 6 RB Rankings are based on the best matchups and highest potential fantasy football point outcomes among all fantasy football RB in Week 6. Use these Week 6 RB Rankings to help you decide which RB to Start and which RB to Sit on your fantasy football team this week. If you have any comments or questions, you can post them in the comment box below the rankings. Thanks for Reading! – Hawk Michaels at Hawk Fantasy Sports Blog.
Week 6 – RB Rankings
1. Chris Johnson – Ten = @Jac
After a huge game last week against Dallas, Johnson should once again be eyeing the 100 rushing yard plateau this week. I would not expect the Jaguars defense to contain Johnson much in this game, so stats in the range of 100-125 rushing yards and 1 touchdown is a very good bet.
2. Rashard Mendenhall – Pit = Cle
The return of Ben Roethlisberger will likely mean less carries for Mendenhall in this game, but at the same time it should open up even more running room when he does carry the ball. Add in all the goal line work, and Mendenhall could be looking at stats pushing 100-125 rushing yards and 1-2 touchdowns this week.
3. Adrian Peterson – Min = Dal
After Chris Johnson ran all over the Dallas defense last week, Peterson will have his turn this week. Combine in a Dallas defense that now has to contend with Randy Moss and the Vikings passing attack, and you have to believe that Peterson will find plenty of running room in this game. 100 rushing yards and 1 touchdown.
4. Ray Rice – Bal = @NE
Finally breaking out of his shell in last weeks game, Rice has a great opportunity to continue rolling this week against a Patriots defense that ranks 4th last in total defense in the entire NFL so far this season, while giving up an average of 384 total yards per game as well as 24 points per game. Rice could easily be looking at 100-125 total yards and 1 touchdown in this game.
5. Arian Foster – Hou = KC
Showing he is not quite bullet proof, Foster stumbled through a bad stat game last week. Now with a matchup against a decent Chiefs defense in store for this week, it is somewhat challenging to completely trust Foster this week. However I am taking the plunge and saying a comeback game is in store for Foster, to the tune of 75-100 total yards and 1 touchdown.
6. Michael Turner – Atl = @Phi
Facing an Eagles defense that has given up an average of 125 rushing yards per game so far this season, Turner should once again be eyeing the 100 rushing yard mark to go along with a touchdown to boot.
7. Matt Forte – Chi = Sea
Taking the Bears offense by the horns last week with Jay Cutler out, Forte showed he still can dominate as a running back. Assuming Jay Cutler can play this week, look for Forte to be heavily involved in the offense, with stats in the range of 75-125 total yards and 1 touchdown easily within reach.
8. Maurice Jones-Drew – Jac = Ten / injury ?
If Jones-Drew is healthy enough, then numbers in the range of 100 total yards and 1 touchdown is possible. Otherwise in Jones-Drew is not fully healthy, then expect rookie Deji Karim to significantly cut into Jones-Drew’s carries and easily drop him down the RB rankings for this week.
9. Frank Gore – SF = Oak
The fumbling issues for Gore are concerning, as are the lack of touchdowns. Maybe a reviving Alex Smith can help Gore get some running room this week. But on the downside, it is just hard to gage what to expect from Gore each week at this point in the season.
10. Ahmad Bradshaw – NYG = Det / injury ?
Lingering injuries seem to follow Bradshaw around each week, but at the same time he still manages to put up solid numbers at the end of the day. A matchup at home against the Lions could have Bradshaw tipping in at 100 total yards and 1 touchdown.
11. LeSean McCoy – Phi = Atl
12. Steven Jackson – StL = SD
13. Ronnie Brown – Mia = @GB
14. Jahvid Best – Det = @NYG
15. Ryan Torain – Was = Ind
16. Jamaal Charles – KC = @Hou
17. Ryan Matthews – SD = @StL
18. LaDainian Tomlinson – NYJ = @Den
19. BenJarvis Green-Ellis – NE = Bal
20. Mike Tolbert – SD = @StL
21. Joseph Addai – Ind = @Was
22. Michael Bush – Oak = @SF
23. Thomas Jones – KC = @Hou
24. Brandon Jacobs – NYG = Det
25. Marshawn Lynch – Sea = @Chi
26. Felix Jones – Dal = @Min
27. Shonn Greene – NYJ = @Den
28. Chris Ivory – NO = @TB
29. Brandon Jackson – GB = Mia
30. Peyton Hillis – Cle = @Pit / injury ?
31. Dexter McCluster – KC = @Hou
32. Willis McGahee – Bal = @NE
33. Carnell Williams – TB = NO
34. John Kuhn – GB = Mia
35. Marion Barber – Dal = @Min
36. Ricky Williams – Mia = @GB
37. Deji Karim – Jac = Ten
38. Laurence Maroney – Den = NYJ
39. Justin Forsett – Sea = @Chi
40. Chester Taylor – Chi = Sea
41. LaGarrett Blount – TB = NO
42. Steve Slaton – Hou = KC
43. Mike Hart – Ind = @Was / injury ?
44. Jerome Harrison – Phi = Atl
45. Jason Snelling – Atl = @Phi
46. Isaac Redman – Pit = Cle
47. Sammy Morris – NE = Bal
48. Danny Woodhead – NE = Bal
49. Javon Ringer – Ten = @Jac
50. Tashard Choice – Dal = @Min
51. Darren Sproles – SD = @StL
52. Kevin Smith – Det = @NYG
53. Keiland Williams – Was = Ind
54. Leon Washington – Sea = @Chi
55. Correll Buckhalter – Den = NYJ
56. Mike Bell – Cle = @Pit
57. LeRon McClain – Bal = @NE
58. Kareem Huggins – TB = NO
59. Brian Westbrook – SF = Oak
60. James Davis – Cle = @Pit
61. Mewelde Moore – Pit = Cle
62. Toby Gerhart – Min = Dal
63. Kenneth Darby – StL = SD
64. Anthony Dixon – SF = Oak
65. Jonathan Dwyer – Pit = Cle
66. Maurice Morris – Det = @NYG
67. Knowshon Moreno – Den = NYJ / injury ?
68. Darren McFadden – Oak = @SF / injury ? – unlikely to play
69. Pierre Thomas – NO = @TB / injury ? – out – will not play
70. Donald Brown – Ind = @Was / injury – out – will not play
71. Fred Taylor – NE = Bal / injury – out – will not play
DeAngelo Williams – Car = BYE
Cedric Benson – Cin = BYE
Beanie Wells – Ari = BYE
Tim Hightower – Ari = BYE
Jonathan Stewart – Car = BYE
CJ Spiller – Buf = BYE
Fred Jackson – Buf = BYE
Bernard Scott – Cin = BYE
Mike Goodson – Car = BYE
WILL NOT PLAY – WEEK 6
Clinton Portis – Was =
Reggie Bush – NO =
Ryan Grant – GB = OUT – INJURED RESERVE
Jerious Norwood – Atl = @NO – OUT – INJURED RESERVE
Montario Hardesty – Cle = OUT – INJURED RESERVE
Ben Tate – Hou – OUT – INJURED RESERVE
LenDale White – Den = OUT – INJURED RESERVE
Glen Coffee – SF – RETIRED