Week 8 WR Rankings – Start/Sit Advice. Week 8 WR Rankings are based on the best matchups and highest potential fantasy football point outcomes among all fantasy football WR in Week 8. Use these Week 8 WR Rankings to help you decide which WR to Start and which WR to Sit on your fantasy football team this week.
Hawk Michaels at Hawk Fantasy Sports Blog
Week 8 – WR Rankings
1. Reggie Wayne – Ind = Hou
With less competition for receptions now that Dallas Clark is out for the season and Austin Collie nursing an injury, as well as red zone option Joseph Addai also injured, Wayne should see plenty of passes his way in this game against a Texans pass defense that has allowed the most passing yards per game so far this season. Numbers in the range of 8-12 receptions, 100-150 receiving yards and 1-2 touchdowns, is not unrealistic to expect from Wayne in this game.
2. Andre Johnson – Hou = @Ind
Johnson did next to nothing in the first matchup against the Colts this season, but with more focus on the Texans running game likely this week, and a plethora of injuries to the Colts secondary since their first meeting, the potential for Johnson to tally excellent stats is absolutely there this week. 100 receiving yards and 1 touchdowns is easily within reach.
3. Calvin Johnson – Det = Was
After a slow start to the season, Johnson had finally found his groove in the three games leading up to the Lions bye last week. Add in the likely return of Matthew Stafford, and a healthy and rested Calvin Johnson could easily put up huge numbers in this game. Stats ranging around 100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is definitely possible.
4. Pierre Garcon – Ind = Hou
With the Colts offense possibly looking at throwing the ball around 50 times in this game, Garcon should benefit tremendously from the injuries to Dallas Clark, Austin Collie and Joseph Addai. With Reggie Wayne receiving most of the attention from the pass defense, Garcon could very easily be the guy who Peyton Manning finds open several times in this game. All in all, the potential for a huge game is absolutely within reach for Garcon this week, as stats in the range of 100-125 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is possible and very likely.
5. Dwayne Bowe – KC = Buf
Finally on the same page as Matt Cassel, another game of 50-100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is easily within range for Bowe this week against a weak Buffalo Bills defense.
6. Miles Austin – Dal = Jac
The loss of Tony Romo will likely hurt Austin’s value this week, but Kitna is definitely capable, so maybe the matchup against the Jaguars will trump the change in quarterbacks.
Otherwise this would have been Austin’s pre-Romo injury prediction and ranking at #2 …. Excellent matchup for Austin and the Cowboys passing attack, as the Jaguars defense is one of the worst in the NFL against the pass, giving up an average of 253 passing yards per game, as well as having allowed a league worst 16 touchdown passes through just 7 games so far this season. Austin could easily be pushing stats in the range of 8-12 receptions for 100-150 receiving yards and 1-2 touchdowns.
7. Brandon Marshall – Mia = @Cin
With Roddy White shredding the Bengals secondary last week, the potential for Brandon Marshall to also shred the Bengals secondary this week is not out of the question. If Chad Henne gets time to throw the ball, Marshall cold be looking at stats in the range of 5-10 receptions for 100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown.
8. Larry Fitzgerald – Ari = TB
Yes it is true that Fitzgerald is wasting away in Arizona will virtually non-existent quarterback play so far this season, but a matchup against a poor Tampa Bay defense could easily allow even a terrible QB to find Fitzgerald roaming around in the secondary.
9. Greg Jennings – GB = @NYJ
With Darrell Revis likely to return to action in this game, the potential stat line for Jennings simply does not look as good as if Revis were to miss this game. So with the official word on Revis unlikely to come until game time, Jennings’ fantasy football value this week is seemingly tied directly to Revis’ return.
10. Wes Welker – NE = Min
Considering that the Vikings secondary is nothing special, Welker and Tom Brady could easily take full advantage this week.
11. Percy Harvin – Min = @NE
With Brett Favre’s injury and playing status in question for this week, Harvin could easily be the Vikings most productive wide receiver in this game. In fact, a couple handoffs is very possible this week to increase Harvin’s fantasy value.
12. Hines Ward – Pit = @NO
After two weeks with Big Ben back, Ward is still Roethlisberger’s #1 favorite target. Expecting 5-10 receptions for 50-100 receiving yards is likely, and a touchdown is possible as well.
13. Randy Moss – Min = @NE
While it seems highly unlikely that Favre will not play this week, the fact that he has a bum ankle could easily limit Moss’ big play potential, since Favre may not be able to create enough time in the pocket to pass to Moss that far downfield.
14. Mike Wallace – Pit = @NO
15. Santana Moss – Was = @Det
16. Brandon Lloyd – Den = @SF
17. Kenny Britt – Ten = @SD
18. Steve Johnson – Buf = @KC / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER PICKUP
Thank you Mr. Fitzpatrick for being able to throw the ball. Now the only question is whether Johnson or teammate Lee Evans is the better Bills WR to have on your fantasy team. 50-75 receiving yards is easily within reach for Johnson this week, and a touchdown is possible as well.
19. Chad Ochocinco – Cin = Mia
20. Dez Bryant – Dal = Jac / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER PICKUP
21. Marques Colston – NO = Pit
22. Terrell Owens – Cin = Mia
23. Santonio Holmes – NYJ = GB
24. Mike Williams – TB = @Ari
25. Jabar Gaffney – Den = @SF / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER PICKUP
26. Blair White – Ind = Hou / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER PICKUP
With Dallas Clark and Austin Collie out, White will take over as the #3 option in the Colts passing attack behind Reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon. And whenever you have playing time and Peyton Manning as your QB, you have a good chance at putting up stats. With an outstanding matchup in store for the Colts passing attack this week, White at just 2% owned is a must grab in deep leagues, as he could easily produce WR2 starting stats this week for fantasy teams. 50-100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is possible.
27. Lee Evans – Buf = @KC / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER PICKUP
See Steve Johnson above. And if I had to choose between Evans and Johnson as to which Bills WR to pick up, I would take my chances on Steve Johnson over Evans. But both are solid cheap low buy pickups this week.
28. Davone Bess – Mia = @Cin / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER PICKUP
As a PPR guy, Bess has definitely clicked with Chad Henne is recent weeks. Stats in the range of 5 receptions for 50-75 receiving yards is well within the limits for Bess in this game.
29. Roy Williams – Dal = Jac
30. James Jones – GB = @NYJ / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER PICKUP
With Donald Driver nursing a thigh injury, James Jones steps in as the Packers #2 wide receiver. And after a 100 receiving yard game last week, another 50-100 receiving yards are easily within reach for Jones in this game.
31. Patrick Crayton – SD = Ten
32. Lance Moore – NO = Pit
33. Mike Sims-Walker – Jac = @Dal
34. Kevin Walter – Hou = @Ind
35. David Gettis – Car = @StL / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER PICKUP
36. Braylon Edwards – NYJ = GB
37. Donald Driver – GB = @NYJ / injury ?
38. Deion Branch – NE = Min
39. Michael Crabtree – SF = Den
40. Louis Murphy – Oak = Sea / injury ? – OUT – WILL NOT PLAY
41. Anthony Gonzalez – Ind = Hou / injury ? / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER PICKUP
42. Steve Smith – Car = @StL / injury ?
43. Steve Breaston – Ari = TB / injury ?
44. Malcom Floyd – SD = Ten / injury ?
45. Danny Amendola – StL = Car
46. Jordan Shipley – Cin = Mia
47. Anthony Armstrong – Was = @Det / SLEEPER – SPOT STARTER PICKUP
48. Danario Alexander – StL = Car
49. Eddie Royal – Den = @SF
50. Nate Washington – Ten = @SD
51. Mike Thomas – Jac = @Dal
52. Demaryius Thomas – Den = @SF
53. Jacoby Jones – Hou = @Ind
54. Nate Burleson – Det = Was
55. Jerricho Cotchery – NYJ = GB
56. Mike Williams – Sea = @Oak
57. Brandon Tate – NE = Min
58. Early Doucet – Ari = TB
59. Robert Meachem – NO = Pit
60. Jordy Nelson – GB = @NYJ
61. Brandon LaFell – Car = @StL
62. Deon Butler – Sea = @Oak
63. Laurent Robinson – StL = Car
64. Josh Morgan – SF = Den
65. Justin Gage – Ten = @SD
66. Golden Tate – Sea = @Oak
67. Darrius Heyward-Bey – Oak = Sea
68. Julian Edelman – NE = Min
69. Bernard Berrian – Min = @NE
70. Legedu Naanee – SD = Ten
71. Stephen Williams – Ari = TB
72. Devery Henderson – NO = Pit
73. Ted Ginn Jr – SF = Den
74. Max Komar – Ari = TB
75. Arrelious Benn – TB = @Ari
76. Chris Chambers – KC = Buf
77. Chaz Schilens – Oak = Sea
78. Devin Thomas – Car = @StL
79. Bryant Johnson – Det = Was
Austin Collie – Ind = Hou / injury ? – out – will not play
Roddy White – Atl = BYE
DeSean Jackson – Phi = BYE
Anquan Boldin – Bal = BYE
Hakeem Nicks – NYG = BYE
Steve Smith – NYG = BYE
Jeremy Maclin – Phi = BYE
Johnny Knox – Chi = BYE
Derrick Mason – Bal = BYE
Mario Manningham – NYG = BYE
TJ Houshmandzadeh – Bal = BYE
Devin Aromashodu – Chi = BYE
Harry Douglas – Atl = BYE
Mohamed Massaquoi – Cle = BYE
Devin Hester – Chi = BYE
Earl Bennett – Chi = BYE
Joshua Cribbs – Cle = BYE
Michael Jenkins – Atl = BYE
WILL NOT PLAY – WEEK 8
Vincent Jackson – SD = OUT – SUSPENDED
Sidney Rice – Min = OUT – injured
Mark Clayton – StL = OUT – INJURED RESERVE
Donnie Avery – StL = OUT – INJURED RESERVE