Kel Mitchell was on Nickelodeon’s All That during the late 1990’s, but he seems to have disappeared since. So what ever happened to Kel Mitchell?
Kel Mitchell was featured on Nickelodeon’s All That from 1994 through 1999. All That was a sketch comedy show that aired for ten years beginning in 1994, and that was geared towards young adults. The show spun off several other series and launched several new, young stars. It was fun and offbeat – a typical Nickelodeon hit show. Essentially, it was a kids’ version of Saturday Night Live [Source: All That – Wikipedia. Downloaded October 20, 2010 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_That]
According to Wikipedia, Kel Mitchell has done each of the following since leaving All That:
1. Provided the voice of T-Bone the dog in the excellent kids show, Clifford the Big Red Dog (2000-2003).
2. Appeared in Kanye West’s music video All Falls Down (2004).
3. Played the part of Manny Sellers in One on One, a sitcom (2005).
4. Starred in the series Take the Cake on BET (2007).
5. Produced Chicago Pulaski Jones, which he wrote and starred in (2008).
6. Acted in two stage shows, Affairs and Laundromat (2008).
[Source: Kel Mitchell – Wikipedia. Downloaded October 20, 2010 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel_Mitchell]
So, Kel Mitchell is still doing some acting, but his gigs have been a little scattered. What would be a better way for him to develop his career? Coming from a sketch comedy show, he could do like Will Farrell, Eddie Murphy, and other SNL alumni by doing shows spun off of the series. In fact, Mitchell tried that with the film Good Burger. To date, he has not quite found the vehicle to transition from young adult sketch comedy to adult acting career, but he is obviously working on it.
All That – Wikipedia. Downloaded October 20, 2010 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_That.
Kel Mitchell – Wikipedia. Downloaded October 20, 2010 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel_Mitchell.