The cold chill of winter has moved in over most of the United States, and one of the challenges during the long cold months can be to find projects to do with your kids. This craft was one that I learned in the girl scouts, and it came in handy just to clear out the drawer of some of those extra gloves. It never fails weather you’re an adult or a kid you always manage to lose one glove right? Leaving you with a pile of mismatched gloves, well this fun craft project will help get rid of those mismatched gloves.
Glove (child’s glove works best)
Silk floral (holiday stuff of course for winter, berries, pine)
Mismatched child’s sock
Small white pom poms
Material to make a scarf from.
Cotton batting 1 ¼ inch diameter
Tiny plastic eyes or Acrylic paint in black.
Rosy color lip stick
Hot Glue Gun
1. Tuck the thumb inside the glove. You will than fill the glove with your cotton batting; you want to fill the glove without over stuffing the fingers.
2. Cut a piece of your scrap material for your scarf and tie it around your glove where the ribbing and cuff meet. A tip to remember when tying the end off is point the scarf material toward the thumb area. This will cover the area where it can be tucked inside.
3. Cover the scarf by folding down the cuff. This will create a turtle neck. Hot glue the wooden ball on top of the turned down cuff.
4. Use your hot glue gun to glue on your little eyes, or if you decided on paint use a small paint brush to paint them on. Use the black marker to draw a mouth.
5. Gently place a bit of the lipstick on your finger and then dot it onto the face for rosy cheeks.
6. Take a piece of your silk floral or greenery use some hot glue and place it behind the glove body on the side where you tucked in the thumb.
7. Next you want to fit the cuff of the sock on the head to make your hat. Roll up the edge of the cuff and form the brim of your hat. Use your scissors to trim the end of your sock and make a cute fringe.
8. Place a small amount of your batting inside the hat, and tie with your gold cord.
9. Next you will take the fourth and first finger of your glove and bring them around the front of the body. Glue them together with your hot glue and hold until dry.
10. Start adding your white pom poms to your liking. I like to make a large pile, gluing them one by one in place.