In the event of a zombie outbreak, there are things you will need if you want to stand a chance at survival. Keep in mind that you need to carry a light load, and a car will only get you so far. If you are hunkering down at home, don’t be fooled into thinking that you can hide out there forever. Eventually you will have to be “on the move” if you hope to survive.
1. Weapons: You are going to need a gun of some form, such as a shotgun, a hand gun, or a rifle. You will need to bring plenty of ammunition for whichever gun you choose. You will need a melee weapon of some kind, such as a machete, a big knife, a baseball bat, or a guitar. Maybe even bring a chainsaw along with you.
2. Food: You will need to eat, so make sure to have food that doesn’t go bad quickly. Examples of good food would be MRE’s, canned foods, protein bars, etc.
3. Drink: After killing zombies and running a lot, you are bound to get thirsty. You should bring a couple canteens full of water, and also a fire lighter. This way you can start fires and boil water as needed.
4. Clothing: Dark color clothing would be optimal. Dark colors or camouflage clothing will allow you to blend in to most environments.
5. Map: Make sure to bring a map of the area you live in, the country you live in, and a world map. To lighten your load, consider your digital map options.
6. Flashlight: Most people wouldn’t think about this. You need a flashlight for when it gets dark. You shouldn’t use around zombies, because the light would obviously draw them to you. But what about that one time where you need to enter a dark room, or an abandoned building, or find something you dropped. Wouldn’t you rather see the zombies instead of just bumping into them?
7. Laser Pointer: This is not essential to people who are good with guns, but for the rest of the population it is. A laser pointer will help you aim your gun.
8. Batteries: Don’t forget batteries. Having spare batteries will allow you to utilize left behind equipment, and allow you to keep your stuff working.
9. Cell Phone: Your cell phone probably won’t work forever. But while it does it will help you get in touch with your friends and family to discuss a plan or meeting place. Your phone might even have GPS capabilities or survival applications on it.
10. Backpack: In case you were wondering how you were going to carry all this stuff, a backpack will do the trick.
After you have all of these things, don’t forget to bring your family and dog if you have one. Dog’s can be useful for detecting zombies. Good luck, and keep your eyes on the news for zombie outbreaks.